Tuesday, February 23, 2010

emma arata portrait.











My 6th piece, Emma Arata's portrait.
The colors i was thinking of came out pretty well. And the picture does look like Emma as well. These are the things i am satisfied with. But I feel like it needs something more. Her body position is wierd in the painting. It is because I just changed her body and made it look awful. The original picture of her has this strong feeling of body postion. On the other hand, my painting body has kinda weak feeling of body postion. The shadow that surrounds her neck doesn't look that natural as well. I couldn't go further to make it look realistic since i am now sticking to 2D. Egon Shielle was one strong inspiration for me to paint this. His use of colors was very outstanding and NOT contrasting. I tried to make the red to be the only contrasting color but the rest, i wanted to look very resembling. Also as usual, andy warhol's contrasting color use like red hair and lips was helpful.
soo how could i improve this painting?

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture; it is very striking and the contrast of colors gives it almost a 3D look. One thing: I don't know what's going on with her hair on the right side of her head; maybe make it more consistent in color?

    ReplyDelete